What Will We Eat Wednesday- Diet Fudge

I am still searching for great treats that are low in calories and carbs, especially chocolate goodies. This is one that I wrote down a while back, but have yet to try. I just found it again, so I am making my shopping list!


Ingredients
3 cups carob
1/4 teaspoon artificial sweetener
1 (14 -ounce) can of sweet condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 cup chopped walnuts or nut of your choice
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Put the carob, sweetener and condensed milk into a saucepan, cover with lid and cook over low heat until the carob is completely melted. Remove from the heat, add the chopped nuts and vanilla extract, and stir until it's completely mixed.
Once its mixed well, pour it into a [9" x 9"] square pan and put it in the refrigerator until it's firm. Once firm, cut into 2" squares and enjoy!
According to my notes one square is one serving, and it is only 137 calories and 13 carbs. So this treat can easily be worked into any diet!

No comments: