What's Up Wednesday- chives

What's up this Wednesday? The grass, weeds and chives, that's what's up here in our yard! Lol. We have already mowed once, when it really should have been twice, and the yard is needing it again. And all over the yard is patches of wild chives. When the yard was mowed the other day, I was overwhelmed by the scent of chives all night long and ended up dreaming that I was cooking! As I sat down to create this post, I again got a whiff of the chive aroma from the yard. So I am giving in and going with a recipe for chives. Now you don't have to head to your yard to pick some, you can get yours from the supermarket! Fresh, dried, from the market or even from the yard, chives make a tasty addition to many dishes.

This recipe is easy and can be added to vegetables, meats, fish, or even bread. It is called, Chive Blossom Butter.

You will need;
1 cup (salted) butter
2 tablespoons chive blossoms
2  tablespoons  dried or fresh thyme
2  tablespoons  dried or fresh chives

Wash the chive blossoms and pat them dry, then gently pull the blossoms apart and add them into the butter. Then add the thyme and the chives, and blend well. Cover the butter dish and place it in the refrigerator overnight, or for a day. It will taste better after it sits and marinates. Use this butter to enhance grilled vegetables, fresh bread, steaks, chicken, fish, just about anything!

I am not sure where I got this recipe, but I know that Mountain Rose Herbs posted several chive recipes recently, as well as one similar to this one.

No comments: