The Wonders of Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse~ How to make it work for you!

Apple cider vinegar hair rinse has become a weekly beauty ritual for me, but wasn’t a treatment I was exactly taken away by at first it. What got me to try it out originally was that every book and online resource seemed to have something written about the amazing ACV rinse. At first go I ran into a few problems. The first of those woes were the smell. Even after a washing my hair it still carried that vinegar scent. The second problem was that my hair felt weighed down, the exact opposite in what I wanted the ACV rinse is to do. Third, it was hard to get the rinse to my scalp before most of it ran off. After my first experience, I figured it just wasn’t for me. But in about a year’s time I become in desperate need of something to rescue my flaky, dry, itchy scalp! I am unsure what exactly sent my poor scalp over the edge, but it was in some dire need of TLC. Nothing seemed to work, nothing. And time after time researching, I came across ACV hair rinse as healer of scalp issues. So I took another shot, this time I perfected the rinse and like I said earlier it has become a favorite beauty treatment of mine. Not only does the ACV rinse soothe my scalp but it improved the overall look of my hair. It makes sense~ healthy scalp equals healthy hair.

image~ http://www.etsy.com/shop/shannonpix?ref=top_trail

1. The perfect bottle is essential~ I found it difficult to get the rinse to the scalp with just pouring it straight onto my head. I came across a plastic bottle used for root color applications and this was the perfect thing to get the job done. The bottle is made with a comb like attachment with openings at the end of each tooth. This sort of bottle can be purchase at a beauty store like Sally’s. 2. The right balance of H2O and ACV is a must! Here is what I came up with and it’s perfect for my hair. As with most recipes you can always tweak it to fit your needs. • 40/60 Apple Cider Vinegar and water~ I wouldn’t go over 50 percent vinegar or it will be hard to rinse out and leave hair dull and limp. • 1-2 drops of rosemary essential oil. Rosemary essential oil is one of those essential oils that have been proven to help stimulate, refresh and soothe a badly behaving scalp. How to use Use this treatment once a week. Just get hair wet like usual in the shower and work AVC rinse into the scalp and to the ends of hair. Let it sit for a minute or two before rinsing it out with warm water and shampoo and condition like normal. But it is very important to make sure you get all of the rinse out. This is when the shower nozzle on high pressure comes in handy. Silky smooth, shinny, full bodied locks!! Please check out UniqueGardenEssences' other wonderful post on the benefits of ACV.

No comments: