Make It Yourself Monday-Another Dog Treat Recipe

Dallas and Gizmo recently told me that I have been spending more way more time on my soaps and bath/body products than I have on their doggie stuff, and they are NOT pleased! So I thought I'd better try to get on their good side. To that end, I am offering a dog treat recipe today, rather than a bath and body one! Although they may not like the implications of this recipe, they certainly do like the taste!


Bad Breath Banisher Dog Treat Recipe
2 cups brown rice flour
1 Tablespoon activated charcoal (you can find this at drugstores, do NOT use briquets!)
3 Tablespoons canola or any all vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped mint (fresh is best, but you can use 1/4 cup dried)
1/2 cup chopped parsley (fresh is best, but you can use 1/4 cup dried)
2/3 cup lowfat or nonfat milk

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. while you lightly oil a cookie sheet. Combine the flour and the charcoal, mix well, then add all of the other ingredients. Drop by the teaspoon-full on the oiled sheet, keeping about one inch apart. Bake for 15-20 minutes. After they cool, store in an airtight container. Keeping in the refrigerator will extend their shelf life.

No comments: