Tripod Thursdays- Covered Bridge

Ohio has a large number of covered bridges, a good many of them still in use. I think that they are so beautiful and interesting! In Millersport, where I lived before moving to my current location, we had one moved to a permanent home in the Lion's park where the Sweetcorn Festival is held each year. We had another on the canal. by the fish hatchery, which you could see, but the road had been re-routed so no traffic went across it now days. Another was about 20 minutes away, in Lancaster, now in a field, instead of on the road. yet another was about 40 minutes away near Rock Bridge, Ohio. So many bridges, so little pictures. I lived in that area for twelve years and took the bridges for granted! I am told that Ohio has the largest amount of covered bridges, and that central Ohio, where I lived, has the largest concentration. When I moved to my current house, I was surprised to see a covered bridge on my way to Cincinnati. Determined to not miss another opportunity for pictures of these historical bridges, I grabbed the camera and headed down the road! Here they are, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments: