Make It Yourself Monday -Protein Face Mask

Since it is winter, even the oiliest of oily skin can usually benefit from using a moisturizing mask. It is quite liberating and enjoyable to treat yourself to a face mask once in a while, even if you do not routinely do so. Trust me on this one! It took me many years to break down and do one for myself. In fact, I had been selling mine for many years before I ever used one. I gave all of my new recipes to test subject and let them have all of the fun. Then I took their word that they were good and never felt like I should "waste" my time and money on myself. SILLY, silly woman! A couple of years ago, test subject short, my Mother agreed to use one only if I would also allow her to put one on me. She said that I was worth my own products. I always knew that my Mom was smart (even though I naturally hate to admit that), but let me tell you something, that woman is a God send! Not only did I LOVE my anti-aging face mask  but I loved the way that pampering myself made me feel. I had forgotten how using good product feels, and I am not saying that to toot my own horn, I'm saying that to get you to treat yourself! Don't wait as long as I did, treat yourself to whatever product makes you feel good about yourself NOW! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

And, to that end, here is a wonderful beauty mask. It is excellent for any skin type, but benefits maturing skin greatly! It is simple to make and you will feel sooooooo good after you use it! You can use it weekly if you like.
Protein Face Mask
All you will need is; 4 tablespoons of chickpea flour (if your big box store doesn't have, check the health food store), 1 ripe banana, and 1 egg, beaten.  In a bowl, mix the chickpea flour and the ripe banana until it is like a paste. Then add the beaten egg, mix in and then apply to  the face and don't forget the neck. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with tepid water, and pat dry.




The chickpea flour has many advantages, it's a skin-softener, as well as an effective exfoliater. It also stimulates circulation while rejuvenating the skin tissue. Bananas, rich in vitamin A and potassium, as well as being a natural emollient, will help to reduce puffiness                  and redness.  The egg will serve to tighten pores and leave your face feeling rejuvenated

*see the reference page link (top of screen) for the bibliography of this post




After last weeks posts on roses, I remembered having this face mask, also a weekly one, but mainly for maturing skin. If you are fortunate enough to have rose essential oil, try this one!

Honey Rose Face Mask
Take 2 tablespoons of honey and mix with 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil, the add 5 drops of rose essential oil.  Mix well and apply to your face and neck. Allow to rest for 15 minutes, rinse off and pat dry.

*see the reference page link (top of screen) for the bibliography of this post

No comments: