Make it Yourself Monday-Moisturizer

I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday and have many new things to be thankful for! I actually had two Thanksgiving dinners, one being last night, so I am doubly, if not extremely thankful! 


Before getting into today's Make it Yourself recipe, in honor of cyber Monday, anyone wishing to make a purchase from Unique Garden Essences will receive a discount of 5% under 20$, 
10% 21$ to 45$, 
20% 46$ to 74$ and 
25% over 75$
Please remember that I have over 70 different batches of soap at this time. Most of which are NOT listed in the Etsy shop. For the majority of them, please look at this post. [To that list you can add; Sugared chestnuts, Frosted Winterberry, Mistletoe Whispers, and Oak Barrel Cider. There may be others, so ask if you don't see a favorite of yours and I will let you know if I have it or if I will have it (ready) soon.]  I also have the lotion bars and lip balm that are mentioned in that post, so listed or not, let me know if you are interested in those items. I will then email you back the available weights and costs of what you are interested in. 


I have some wonderful (cute too!) gift boxes that I will happily make up with your choice of contents. For this sale day, I will make the gift box my gift to you! Just tell me, in the notes to seller box, if you specifically want a holiday themed box (I have a reindeer one), or if you want the garden themed box (I have a few different ones, so I will choose one for you!). They are all very cute and definitely worthy of your gift giving. After the sale, these box sets will add an additional $3 to 10$ to your gift sets, so take advantage of this offer today and mark another name off your gift list!  *If you would like your items neatly packed in the gift box, you must make a note in the notes to seller box. If you fail to, I will not include the box, nor will you get one at a later date. If you want one, but have no preference as to the type, just write yes I want a box, and I will choose for you. Each gift box will will include a gift card for you to use when giving your gift. If you would like a gift card, but no gift box, let me know and I will enclose one!


For the 'fine print". These offers are good until 12 pm est (in the USA), Tuesday, November 29, 2011. Shipping is not used to calculate the discount, only your actual purchase(s). To receive the discount, all you need to do is to write "cyber day" in the notes to seller section. When paying through pay pal, You will pay the full price, then you will be refunded when your order is processed. Refunds will be processed within 48 hours maximum. As always, if your shipping is overestimated and overcharged by more than one dollar, the difference will be refunded as soon as your package is on its way! 


Now, on to today's recipe. While we always need a good moisturizer, with winter coming it is even more important. The harsh elements can really play havoc with our skin, especially the tender skin on our faces. So make sure that you take good care of it and protect ot from the elements. You will be glad you did! To that end, here is an easy recipe that will make you a great moisturizer. It does have a few more "specialty" ingredients than I usually like to include in these make it yourself recipes, but this one is worth it! You can find the aloe, the beeswax and the lanolin locally or on line. If you want to shop on line, you will find all that you need at one of my favorites, Brambleberry .


Aloe and Rosewater Moisturizer
You will need;
1/2 cup of olive oil (yes your kitchen stock will do just fine)
2 Tablespoons aloe vera gel
3 Tablespoons grated bees wax 
3 Tablespoons lanolin
4 Tablespoons of rose water *see below to make your own


Blend the olive oil and the the aloe together in a small bowl and set it aside. Then, in a small sauce pan, melt the beeswax and the lanolin over a low heat. Make sure to stir constantly. When fully melted, remove it from the heat and gradually pour in the aloe and olive oil mixture, making sure to continue stirring. When fully mixed in, add the rose water and pour it all into a blender. Blend until the mixture is exceptionally smooth., then pour into a jar and place in the refrigerator. It will solidify as it cools.


This lotion will make your skin soft and supple. And, as a bonus, the rosewater not only has toning qualities, but also anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.


*To save yourself some money, you can make your own rose water fairly easily. All you need to do is to bring one cup of distilled water to a boil, then pour it over one cup of fresh rose petals (make sure that you use roses that are not treated with pesticides or color enhancing chemicals). Allow this to steep for 30 minutes, then strain it, reserving the water and trashing the plant material. Store any unused rose water in the refrigerator (it makes a great daily facial astringent or a nice addition to your bath water!).

No comments: