Goals for the new year

Aside from the fact that I want to enter a contest to win soaping items from Brambleberry.com, I have decided to share some goals for the new year to help me make myself and my businesses better. Like a lot of people, I have fallen into the habit of making goals in my mind, then forgetting or altering them as real life intervenes. As you have probably already guessed, this method does not really do anything for you as a person, let alone as a business. Sooooo, for 2011, my first goal was to go back to the formal method of goal setting, which means sharing them. For the contest I needed to share some on the Soap and the Finer Things in Life blog, which I am attempting too do, but I thought I'd go one step farther and share them here, for you to see.
My word of intention for the year is BALANCE.
My theme for the year is Developing/cultivating relationships.
A few of my goals are;
1) To get back to development (my love) by dedicating 1 day a month (minimum) to experimentation/cooking. Which will help lead to success with my next goal
2) To introduce at least 6 new products to my on-line Unique Garden Essences shop, 6 to the uniqueXpression shop, and 2 to the Unique Treat Dog Bones shop.
3) To finalize the organization of the brochures by Jan. 15, 2011 and to begin distribution by Feb. 1, 2011.
I could go on and on, as I have done in my journal, but I don't want to bore you! In case you are at a loss about how to set goals for your personal or professional life, you may want to check out the Soap Queen's posts for the past week, or even go back to last year this same time. CEO, Ann Marie offers some very educational and inspirational posts about personal growth and goal setting. I have been reading her blog for almost two years now and find her to be quite a role model. I hope that you agree!

No comments: